[K12OSN] Can't specify modelines in 4.0.1

Dennis Daniels ddaniels at magic.fr
Sat Jun 12 18:39:32 UTC 2004

I've experienced same with 4.0.1.
recently another user posted this link to an app that may in fact help
with configuring older monitors. I've not tested it myself but at least
one other user has confirmed it working.

http://www.thesymbiont.com/

You may also try:
http://pxes.sourceforge.net/
which has links to two client configuring apps. There is reportedly a
webmin mod that is to help with configuring clients but, apparently, has
not worked in a long time, if ever.

Old monitors are plentiful and cheap, if K12LTSP had better support
tools for them we'd so a lot more interest from cash strapped schools
and businesses in the LTSP suite. /my $.02

best
Dennis