[K12OSN] Sound plays on server

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sat Jun 12 16:04:46 UTC 2004

I am trying to get sound to work on my terminals and not having much
luck.  Hopefully someone out there can help me.  I am trying it out here
at home first where I have LTSP installed on a Debian Woody system, then
I will take it to school on the K12LTSP server.

The problem is that when I play sounds from a client machine (KDE or
xmms), the sound comes out on the server's speakers, not the client's
speakers.  I can't seem to find any error messages looking through the
various logs and watching the boot process on the clients.  The lts.conf
file looks like:

#-----------------------------------------
  [192.168.0.1]
        XSERVER            = nv
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "PS/2"
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        X_MODE_0           = 800x600
        X_COLOR_DEPTH      = 24
        RCFILE_01          = floppyd
        SOUND              = Y
        SOUND_DAEMON       = nasd
        SMODULE_01         = auto
        VOLUME             = 100

I am really not sure were to start the trouble shooting since I can't seem
to find any error messages.  So any help would be greatly appriciated.

Kevin "Gentgeen"

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own
reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad company.
                    - George Washington, Rules of Civility