[K12OSN] Can't specify modelines in 4.0.1

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Sun Jun 13 00:57:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 23:02, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
> I have *got* to specify the modelines for these proprietary thinknic monitors
> or they won't work. Whenever I add my line it gripes about a parse error way
> on down in lts.conf. (my addition may be around line 9 but the parse error is
> somewhere further down). No matter what I do nothing works until I remove the
> modelin addition. Here is my addition:
>
> X_MODE_0           = "800x600" 60.21 800 840 1040 1120 600 602 614 640
                              ^^^
Try placing the second " at end of line or the entire line without quote
marks.
This box is on LTSP3 but the other box is running without any problems
with modelines settings on LTSP4. If your problem is still persisting
will try to dig out the lines from there whenever I am at that location.
HTH
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux