[K12OSN] VNC Terminal Services Prototype!

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Jun 15 14:49:52 UTC 2004

But I think what McLoughlin and pals are working on will allow the session that
is running on the server to continue running even if the vncviewer disconnects.
  Right now, calling vncserver via xinetd gives you a regular login similar to
what a thin client sees.  Likewise, when the vnc client disconnects, the session
is shut down, just like when a thin client disconnects.  But McLoughlin's will
allow the session on the server to keep running, allowing you to disconnect at
one client, go to another client, reconnect, and your apps are still running.
It makes it more akin to the way the vncserver on a Windows box works.

Petre