[K12OSN] slightly OT Time clock system for schools

aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org
Thu Jun 17 15:14:49 UTC 2004

Greetings,

I am in charge of finding a time clock / attendance system for the school
district.  10 locations.  Suggestions ?  I would love a linux based system
with a Tk/Perl/Open RDM or lesstif technology.  Most products I have found
are MS based systems.  Your thoughts please....

The current favorite is Time Clock Plus which is a networkable MS windows /
dBase 4/5 system. The client side looks pretty low end -- Pentium I &
windows 95. I am thinking wine and LTSP.  $2146 for 250 employees one time
cost.  I have hardware.  I want to distribute a client via LTSP.  There is
an SLQ based system also that use MSDE SQL also at about $6000.

What time clock system does your school use ?  Should I put the crack pipe
down ?

Thanks for your time,
Tom Ventresco
Austintown Local Schools