[K12OSN] 1st try samba/ldap = (missing perl Net::LDAP and perl Net::LDAP::LDIF)

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Fri Jun 18 00:52:14 UTC 2004

Hello,

Trying out the SMB/LDAP

Following the instructions closely but installation of smbldap-tools
fails with:

perl Net::LDAP is needed by smbldap-tools
perl Net::LDAP::LDIF is needed by smbldap-tools

Yet when I check with cpan it shows they are installed.

I've googled the heck out of this and have found vague references but
nothing that helped.

Only thing I can think of is the perl modules are a newer version than
what is expected by smbldap-tools-0.8.4-1

any ideas?

-john