[K12OSN] cups hangs/fails

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 19:29:04 UTC 2004

All,

Thanks!  I did a netstat -tlnp | grep :631 and rpc.rquotad was listening!  I do not know why this process would decide to start listening.  I had unchecked Port 80 for ipp printing in cupsd.conf a few months back (probably not a good idea but it fixed a printing issue with WinXP at the time).  I removed the entry, and restarted the system.  Things are now back to normal.  I still don't know why rpc.rquotad was listening, but at least it isn't anymore :)  I'll sort out the WinXP printing issue later this summer.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins