[K12OSN] Of interest - new Wyse terminals

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Jun 21 11:31:15 UTC 2004

Yes, I noticed that also, and I like seeing a corporate mindset that
supports LTSP architectures.  My concern would be upgrading the kernel,
X11, or anything else for which there were a newly discovered security
hole or other serious bug, given that these thin clients seem to have an
embedded Linux-based OS, and even a user app or two (Web browser) in
them.  With TFTP-booting thin clients (say, an old Pentium), that
kernel/X11/etc. code can be easily upgraded.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

--TP