[K12OSN] Gconf again

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Tue Jun 22 20:24:00 UTC 2004

I'm going to be hairless very soon.

I have been plugging away at this for a day now with still no luck.

I used gconftool-2 to set a mandatory rule for gnome-terminal. I want
to disable F1 for all users as we use the function keys within a
program. I don't want to have each user edit their own setting. The
mandatory setting did get applied. As when I open a gnome-terminal and
check the Keyboard settings Help is set disabled (was F1 by default).
The problem is that if I hit F1 the help viewer still comes up.

I have googled this and see many people ask the same question, but no
solutions other that have the individual users update their own
settings.

Am I the only person who needs this stupid help option disabled? has
anybody found a global solution?

Thanks in advance

Lewis