[K12OSN] Logging onto the server from a windows machine

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 23 18:25:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 12:52, Karolow, Mike [ITS] wrote:
> Is that TuSSH or one of the others that I've read about  I also have a
> Treo600 and never even thought of this before, but it sounds like a life
> saver.

I use pssh from http://www.sealiesoftware.com/pssh/ but others will
probably work. I'd like to find one that did port forwarding so
I could use vnc without the commercial vpn program, although I'm
not sure how useful it would be with the small screen. Another
thing that is extremely useful is 'plucker' which is an offline
web/ebook reader. There are tools for several platforms to download
specified web pages, convert to plucker format, then install on the
phone/palm device on the next hotsync.  I use it to keep some company
documentation and contact information handy and have a few ebooks
downloaded from www.memoware.com to keep me busy if I'm waiting
somewhere and bored.

If you ever have a few hours to kill, browse through the programs
at http://www.palmgear.com.  If you get ptunes, a headphone adapter,
and an SD card, the thing makes a surprisingly good mp3 player too.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com