[K12OSN] sound on client

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jun 24 18:37:11 UTC 2004

I'm trying to make sound work for the first time and using the
K12LTSP-4.1.0-alpha9 distribution. I suppose I should have tried
on a stable version first but maybe I've just missed something
simple.
The clients are Dell Optiplex GX1's and I've gotten the driver
to load with:
 SMODULE_01       = "cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1"
If I set SOUND_DAEMON to "esd", I can log in to the server and
'esdplay' a .wav file and it plays at the client, but I get
an error from xmms, etc.  'nasd' also appears to load correctly
but no sounds are redirected and I don't know how to test it.
The AUDIOSERVER, etc. environment variables are being set - what
else is needed?

Also, should sound from a java application work?  If not, I may
need to set this up as a local app anyway.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com