[K12OSN] sound on client

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jun 24 19:37:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 14:01, Richard K. Ingalls wrote:
> > The clients are Dell Optiplex GX1's and I've gotten the driver
> > to load with:
> >  SMODULE_01       = "cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1"
>
> I have GX1's too and I can't get the sound working either.  But I use
> the older K12LTSP 3.x.x.  I hadn't seen the setting that you have
> listed here "cs4232".  Hmmm. Maybe that will work for me.  As for your
> situation, sorry I can't help, 'cuz I'm not using Fedora Core 1.

It's a Crystal Sound chipset on the motherboard but it's on the ISA bus
so you have to specify all the parameters.  You might have to
specify cs4232.o for the older version but the driver should be
there.  The 4.1 alpha is actually Fedora Core 2 with the 2.6.x
kernel on the server but still has 2.4 for the client (which may
or may not be relevant...).

---
 Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com