[K12OSN] Terminal Services for Windows

Chris Hobbs chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
Fri Jun 25 15:33:42 UTC 2004

Shawn Powers wrote:

> Chris Hobbs wrote:
>
>> For example: rdesktop -s notepad.exe servername.domain.org
>

> Ok -- I tried that exact command.  Does this require *actual* Windows
> Terminal Services, and not just XP Pro?  (My server hasn't arrived
> yet, so I've been trying to get it to work with XP Pro remote desktop)
>
> Chris -- have you (or could you if you don't know the answer) try that
> on an XP Pro machine instead of a windows 2003 server?

I've done it with 2000 Server and 2003 Server, never XPPro. It wouldn't
surprise me if it doesn't work on XP Pro, since the TS built into XP Pro
is designed more to be used as a support tool then an application server.

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator
postmaster:               chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
pgp:  http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/~chobbs/key.asc