[K12OSN] Netatalk Permissions not working

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Jun 29 00:57:18 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:
> I'm currently running netatalk 1.6.4 and have not had too much trouble with it.

I only had the problem when I was trying to limit access via linux
groups.  (ie, our macschool database was not to be accessible to the
students) -- when multiple people logged on and off (some "harshly" as
the computers locked up) it tended to corrupt the database (.AppleDB)
about once every 2 weeks.

We have moved away from the need for such sharing, and next year's
netatalk shares will be strictly for the "My Documents" share per
person.  I haven't had any problems when just one user logs in.  YMMV,
but even with the occational blip -- it wasn't too hard to fix.

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director