[K12OSN] Server Clone

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jun 1 13:55:17 UTC 2004

[SNIP]
> Ghost will do it.

I booted both machines with a network Ghost boot floppy, connected them
with a cross-over cable, then cloned eache SCSI RAID individually.
First I cloned the 9GB mirrored partition over the new 9GB mirrored
partition then cloned the 205GB Raid 5 to the new 54GB Raid 5 (the sizes
are different but the amount of data on the 205GB is under 5GB
currently, this drive only holds /home).  Everything cloned without
errors then booted boots up.  I get a little text about GRUB loading and
that is it, it is just hung.

Any ideas?  I tried to boot the machine with Linux Rescue but it got to
the point of mounting the drives under sysimage and failed to mount
them.  I thought since Les said it may fix other problems it might fix
this, no luck.

I am working on setting up Mondo on the master server and going to try
to figure that out.