Re: [K12OSN] Best approach to calm the school's administration about Linux?

Sorry to comment so late on this thread...
Joe - the arguement I use when faced with this issue is...
Fine I will go MS, no problem, its all technology to me. Who is going to pay for it ? How many more techs are we going to employ ? And how many down school days can I waste while updating AV software and other updates ?

Then I bring out the documents and real numbers on Microsoft School License Agreement right off the MS web site. I love saying "Yes this is a yearly cost." ;) In Ohio, USA our school funding is a joke and so is the state legislature. FIX school funding !!!! With Linux you can "ask for less, spend less and give more." What business doesn't want that ? Everything mentioned above about teaching tech standards and not a vendors product...huge DITTO'S!
Thanks,
Tom Ventresco
Austintown Local Schools