[K12OSN] D Day

daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie
Wed Jun 2 08:49:20 UTC 2004

Windows it is ... ah well :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie [mailto:daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie]
Sent: 01 June 2004 10:46
To: k12osn at redhat.com
Subject: [K12OSN] D Day

Hey again all,

Firstly, apologies for the outrageously long signature that I have no
control of as it's appended by the mail server on all outgoing mail :o)
Now onto the real talk.

Tomorrow, at 8:30, I will be talking to the computer teacher that I will be
doing up the school network for. I, naturally, want K12 in there, a kick ass
server will of course be easier to maintain than 45 clients, a server, plus
a few extra possible clients throughout the school. Not to mention a
firewall/proxy/AV crap.

He's about 95% towards Windows at the moment, but I think he'll give me a
chance to sway him over to Linux. Depending on how persuasive I am regarding
this chageover, he may decide that Linux is for the best.

Help me :o)
I'll have about 10 minutes, probably less, actually, make it 5 mins :o), to
convince him. Start typing lads and lassies :o)

Daniel

This email and any attached files are confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately
by telephone at ++353 1 6035800 or email emailadmin at iibbank.ie
and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The sender therefore
of this message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage
suffered by the user, which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.