Re: [K12OSN] D Day

One of our worst exports around the world is this notion of instant gratification. It seems that we've decided to infect some parts of the Emerald Isle with some of our Yank management stupidity, too. Figures; we're the nation that invented the software patent.

If it's any consolation, my entire school district is also--almost militantly--anti-Free Software. However, I wonder what their decision would be if some of the Windows licenses had to come out of their personal wallets....

Is there nobody in the Washington, DC area besides Yorktown High School that wants to try this? Nobody??

--TP

daniel hunt iibbank ie wrote:

I went in and it was clear from the outset that his hands were tied.

He wanted Linux - and was very very curious as to how it would perform (I
haven't a spare machine that I could have setup to demonstrate how easy it
is to use) in the school environment.
The management however didnt see the use in using Linux as "the real world
uses Windows" - I gave up at that point, there was no point in talking to
him about it as he was on my side, it was the management who were stubborn
with it.

Strangle-hold is right - and it's really such a shame. An entire lab has to
be upgraded to make it suitable for Windows 2000.
*sigh*

Daniel