[K12OSN] Server Clone

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Wed Jun 2 14:56:31 UTC 2004

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

>Also is the boot loader actually their since I can mount /dev/sda1 and
>browse all my kernels and grub.conf and so on?  Or do I just have the
>files but not the necessary boot blocks?

I'm not sure how things are from rescue mode - but once in rescue mode -
if your system is located at /mnt/sysimage, you could mount your disks
there and then chroot into it and run grub-install /dev/sda .
example (and I'm not real sure about this ...)
mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/sysimage/
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sysimage/boot
chroot /mnt/sysimage
grub-install /dev/sda
reboot from hard drive

I have no idea if that will work but it is what I would try ... :/

pantz

>I am glad I keep my hair short or I would have one hell of a mess on my
>desk right now.

Yeah hairy desks are not good for old non-optical mice :)

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!