Re: [K12OSN] Server Clone

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

Also is the boot loader actually their since I can mount /dev/sda1 and
browse all my kernels and grub.conf and so on? Or do I just have the
files but not the necessary boot blocks?

I'm not sure how things are from rescue mode - but once in rescue mode - if your system is located at /mnt/sysimage, you could mount your disks there and then chroot into it and run grub-install /dev/sda .
example (and I'm not real sure about this ...)
mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/sysimage/
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sysimage/boot
chroot /mnt/sysimage
grub-install /dev/sda
reboot from hard drive

I have no idea if that will work but it is what I would try ... :/

pantz

I am glad I keep my hair short or I would have one hell of a mess on my
desk right now.

Yeah hairy desks are not good for old non-optical mice :)

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!