[K12OSN] Fedora 2 vs WB3 or RHE3 and old proxy by-pass prob

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri Jun 4 13:00:18 UTC 2004

I can stop it with transparent proxying.  Doing transparent proxying
forces all machines regardless of browser setting...through the proxy.
The proxy server must be at the "choke" point of the network.  Works like
a charm and makes it easy for me since I never have to set proxy settings
on browsers or anything.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>Sure they could; we've had to deal with circumventor for the last couple
>of years in our district.  That's why you need to have a written policy
>in place that says what the penalties are for actions like this, and
>then enforce it.  A big part of INFOSEC anywhere, including in a school,
>is having the written policy, otherwise you have little legal leg on
>which to stand when someone does something inappropriate, be it staff
>member, board member, or student.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School