Re: [K12OSN] duplex problem with new switch

Quite correct; we do in fact lock both ends. Autonegotiation is much better on newer gear, true, but budgetary issues can, sadly, get in the way. Since he's working w/ a donation, I figured he might be in that situation.

Sounds like he might have a Catalyst 2820 switch, which is definitely an older (but serviceable) unit.

--TP