Re: [K12OSN] duplex problem with new switch

Gentgeen <gentgeen linuxmail org> wrote:

This list never ceases to amaze me!  I sent the orig. post out after
midnight on a Friday night, and I get a reply by 9:30 am Sat.
<<

Never forget - the world is round, and some of us are in the sunshine while
you're asleep. ;)

If you want to read up some more on problems with auto-ngotiation, here's a
couple of links:

Bennet, Michael J., "SysAdmins: Do You See Auto Negotiation as (AN) As
Convenient or Confounding?", Berkeley Lab Computing News, July 2002,
available online: http://www.lbl.gov/ITSD/CIS/compnews/2002/July/09.html

Cisco Inc. Application Note, "10/100 Mbps Auto-Negotiation", available
online: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/prodlit/aneg_an.htm

That second link might be particularly appropriate if you're using a Cisco
switch.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]