[K12OSN] setting the default KDE menus

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Mon Jun 7 20:04:06 UTC 2004

On Friday I edited a bunch of changes in the KDE menus ... moved things
around in /var/lib/menu/kde ... deleted certain icons, etc.  I basically
took out things that did not apply to our server setup.  I took out the
references to fax, scanning, digital camera, games, etc.

Well this Monday morning I discover that these items I had moved or deleted
from the menus, and it seemed to have taken affect on Friday.  They are all
back again.

Can someone tell me how that /var/lib/menu/kde system works.  What effect do
changes have here?  What makes it go back to its default.  Where can I
change what the defaults are like?

joe guenther