[K12OSN] Tell me why this doesn't work

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen at chartermi.net
Tue Jun 8 00:50:52 UTC 2004

Another option is using webmin and using the clustering users and groups
function of webmin.  I have one machine that does all my files with
users.  That machine does a  nfs share of the /home directories to
another a k12ltsp 4.0.1 server.  I used the clustering users & groups
and transferred all users with uid's above 500 to the k12ltsp. I mounted
the /home on my k12ltsp and good to go.  I'll like to get openldap
working myself since as you can see by my signature, I handle a bit, and
with ldap in combination with samba and netatalk, I could manage and
utilitize my server resources and users more effectively. Unfortunately,
time isn't in my favor.

Not quite an answer to your samba/ldap, but another option I guess.

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator for Adams, Chassell,

email: eric at remc1.k12.mi.us