[K12OSN] floppy access "permission denied"

My students can download/upload to their floppies with icon as I have enabled
floppy access in lts.conf. But after a few reads or writes the floppies can't
be accessed anymore. It says "permission denied. Authentication failed" and
they can no longer access the floppy. But if they go to another client it
works again for 1 transfer and then the same problem. What's going on here?
Anyone else experience this with 3.1.2?

Robert Arkiletian
Eric Hamber Secondary