[K12OSN] RE: Add users from file

I have one machine with k12OS running as samba server
and
another machine running K12LTSP as terminal server.

I intend to add all users to the samba server and then
copy passwd, group and shadow files over to terminal
server on a daily/twice daily cron job.

I too hope to use some kind of text file containing
first name and last name and SIN# which will extract a
username  and password from this data and add these
users in one shot. Different text files for different
groups would be useful i assume. The thing is, a
smbpasswd entry needs to be made too - is there a way
to do this in one shot.

new to writing scripts - please be patient