Re: [K12OSN] 853 unread messages...

Shawn Powers wrote:

Just a thought. Anyone else's opinion?

You asked... ;)

I personally despise bulletin boards - plain text e-mail messages in a good, threaded reader are, to me anyway, infinitely easier to deal with (I happen to use Mozilla's mail clent). It's faster, much faster, to go from message to message (and I'm using dual T-1s here, so bandwidth isn't an issue). It's easy for me to search my messages, whether stored locally or on my IMAP server. If there's a thread I'm not interested in I simply hit the 'T' key to mark it read and move on to the next, which makes weeding through that which I'm not interested in much easier than a web based forum could be..

The messages are always available to me, right now, without my having to navigate to a website.

I could go on - but I won't bore anyone much longer. This is, ultimately, a matter of personal preference. Switching to (or adding) a BB would without a doubt split up the group, and the resources they represent.

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator