Re: [K12OSN] 853 unread messages...

Les Mikesell wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 15:45, Dennis Daniels wrote:

Having spent a bit of time searching the K12OSN archives at RH I wasnt' at all impressed with its searching cabapibilities. Is there a way to mirror the archive so that posts to a forum would be routed to the list-serv and vice versa? That way we could have the best of both worlds and maybe even gain more users by having the forums available to subscribers much like this list?

It's hard to beat google for stuff that is old enough to be there. If you add listman.redhat.com and k12osn to your search terms you'll get the matches from the list.

Personally, I let procmail sort mailing lists into separate IMAP
folders as they are delivered so I don't have to deal with them
all in the inbox with work-related email.  Either evolution or
outlook will show the unread message count for each folder (although
sometimes it fails to update until I view it) and both have
search facilities.  I happen to be using an SME server with
maildir style delivery, but other IMAP techniques would work, or
even outlook/evolution filtering on the way in fro a POP server.

I do the same with mozilla, it is so much easier to deal with a mailing list or newsgroup
than spend hours trying to keep up with a web forum.

---
 Les Mikesell
  les futuresource com