[K12OSN] Fwd: Re: Cmap Website Contact -- Question

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Jun 9 21:54:35 UTC 2004

Dear CmapTools User,

We have a workaround on version 3.4 in order to allow several users to run
CmapTools. Our next release (vr 3.5) will have the implementation.

You have to modify a file called "CmapTools.lax" (located at
CmapTools/bin". In that file you have to modify the lax.command.line.args
variable.

Default value:

lax.command.line.args=-checkForMultipleAppInstances
4749,nlk.basic.MultipleAppInstanceHandlerImpl  ../classes/nlk.jar

New Value to allow multiple users:

lax.command.line.args= ../classes/nlk.jar

Plan to attend the First International Conference on Concept Mapping -
CMC2004 in Pamplona, Spain, http://cmc.ihmc.us/, and share with the
concept mapping community your experiences using concept maps.

Let me know if I can help further...

Sincerely,

Cmap Support
Institute for Human and Machine Cognition - University of West Florida
http://cmap.ihmc.us/

First International Conference on Concept Mapping
CMC2004 :: http://cmc.ihmc.us/

On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:06:52 -0500
 "dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us" <dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us> wrote:
>>Name: David Trask
>>Email: dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
>>Product: CmapTools
>>Version: 3.0xx
>>Operating System:
>>
>>message:
>>I\''m trying *hoping* to get CMapTools to work in our Linux Terminal
>Server environment (www.k12ltsp.org).  I have installed it, but only one
>instance will run at a time....I\''d like to make it so all users can run
>CMapTools.  Do you have any ideas as to how to make this work?  Is there
>some sort of -net switch to install an instance for all users?  LTSP is a
>terminal server that runs multiple thin-clients on the network...I\''d
>like those terminals to be able to run CMapTools in their own
>session...right now all we get is \"another instance of CMapTools is
>already running\"...thus only one user can use it at a time.
>

>>License:

Sincerely,

CmapSupport