[K12OSN] What am I missing

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Jun 9 22:24:04 UTC 2004

I'm running K12ltsp 3.1.2 so my suggestions may not help.  The last thing that
loads on the clients before they load X is the sound module(s).  So, set the
run-level for the clients to 3 in the lts.conf file, and then you can see if the
sound module is successfully loading.  (Aside: I wish there were separate log
files for each client as it boots, stored on the server; it would make debugging
client issues much easier.)

The other tidbit I can offer is that on my system I can't get XMMS to figure out
which workstation it should talk to because it hardcodes it in the user's local
config file (.xmms?)  In other words, if I startup XMMS on ws1, I have to
configure XMMS to point to ws1 in its configuration or the sound won't work.
But if the next time I login I do so at ws2, XMMS still tries to send the sound
to ws1.  I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so I assume it's just me who
has this problem.

Petre