Re: [K12OSN] What am I missing

I'm running K12ltsp 3.1.2 so my suggestions may not help. The last thing that loads on the clients before they load X is the sound module(s). So, set the run-level for the clients to 3 in the lts.conf file, and then you can see if the sound module is successfully loading. (Aside: I wish there were separate log files for each client as it boots, stored on the server; it would make debugging client issues much easier.)

The other tidbit I can offer is that on my system I can't get XMMS to figure out which workstation it should talk to because it hardcodes it in the user's local config file (.xmms?) In other words, if I startup XMMS on ws1, I have to configure XMMS to point to ws1 in its configuration or the sound won't work. But if the next time I login I do so at ws2, XMMS still tries to send the sound to ws1. I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so I assume it's just me who has this problem.

Petre

jconlon1 wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:35:16 -0400 David Trask <dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us>

wrote.

I am using Gnome and I have turned on the three lines in the lts.conf file
that deal with sound because I have a mixture of sound cards in all of my
terminals.  None of them work, I'm just starting with the SB cards.  I did
not find a specific line or mention for sound blaster cards