[K12OSN] pxe boot from hard-drive?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Thu Jun 10 02:55:49 UTC 2004

Huck wrote:

> using a win '98 boot disk doesn't work for me unless I hit F1..

Sorry Huck, I caught this thread late -- I did this for the thin clients
we just set up, sorta.  I followed the link on ltsp.org to the step by
step directions:

http://www.peak.org/~mountainman/misc/LTSP-boot.html

It worked flawlessly.  I asked a few days back about how to convert the
"universal floppy image" to a .zlilo image so I could have a universal
booting hard drive image, but no responses. :(

(My questions have been to difficult of late I guess, the last few have
gone unanswered. :)

Anyway -- the directions really do work, and then I use G4U (no link,
just google for it) to make a hard drive image and copy it to all the
thin clients.  It is NIC specific, which is why I wanted the universal
one -- but it works well.

Let me know if it doens't work for you.

-Shawn