Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.1

I'm also considering a K12LTSP 3.1.3 and a K12LTSP 4.0.3 release. The 3.1.3
release would contain new apt, up2date, and yum packages that point to fedoralegacy.org for updates, as well as include the various updates since
3.1.2 was released. K12LTSP 4.0.3 would contain the LTSP 4.1 packages, for
those who want the latest LTSP but are not brave enough to update to FC2.

The K12LTSP 3.1.x and 4.0.x releases are very solid, I want to make sure
that people feel that they are not forced to make the huge jump to the
FC2 based K12LTSP 4.1....

-Eric
Thank you, Eric! I've been using 3.1 quite happily, the new apt and yum packages would be nice... but I would upgrade in a heartbeat if there was better GUI controls for configuring older monitors! Is there anything like that in the new packages? We had tried LTSP 4 on my existing network and lost usage of half of my old monitors; they work fine with 3.1.

My Principal has given me the green light on another K12ltsp lab but it'll be nothing but 14" and 15" monitors and dumpster CPUs. A local business offered twenty old working monitors, enough for the new lab. The new PXEs.iso < http://pxes.sourceforge.net/ > is looking very promising for older NIC cards etc. but the manual monitor config still causes brain damage ;) especially when there is a room full of 'em.

I read up a bit not heard anything about X.org and its ability to handle older monitor refresh rates. Have you heard or seen anything about X.org and older monitors?

all the best,
Dennis