{Spam?} Re: [K12OSN] Terminal Sound cards

howie g92470176 at csie.ntnu.edu.tw
Fri Jun 11 01:28:14 UTC 2004

hi

You can enabel esound on lts.conf ,and It will auto dectect your sound
cards.
If auto dectect script cannot find your sound card  ,you may have to check
audio dvevice list in /opt/ltsp/etc/ .

You also want to have full audio function ,such as mixer dsp....etc. .
I think you can find some solution in thoses web site
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue95/lg_bytes.html

 MuNAS
MuNAS is a piece of software which addresses the problem that the X Window
system does not support the handling of audio data. It allows the
thin-client/server computing model in Linux to handle multimedia
applications: the audio data generated by Open Sound System (OSS/Free)
compatible audio applications which are executed in the terminal server can
be transferred to X-terminals. Thus, with MuNAS installed, you can execute
multimedia applications in the terminal server and listen to the sound from
your X-terminal. Currently, several manufactures of windows terminal are
planning to install the MuNAS in their X-terminals.