Re: [K12OSN] package request: msttcorefonts

Eric Harrison wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Les Mikesell wrote:

In the next release could the clever "get.package" method be
used to allow installing the fonts Microsoft once released
using the technique at: http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/?
(It's basically a .spec file that builds your own RPM by
getting the fonts in the .exe file that can be redistributed
and extracting them locally).  I've noticed some web sites look
a lot better with these installed.

Yeah, that would be easy to do. Perhaps I should say it *was*
easy to do, I already build a K12LTSP 4.1 version to test it out.

I'll try to get K12LTSP 3.1 & 4.0 packages built tonight, time
permitting.

-Eric

Would doing this make those fonts available to the Gimp? I have difficulty installing new fonts for Gimp, although I have hundreds of groovy fonts working in OOo, KWord, Abi, et al. I would like those groovy fonts available for the Gimp, but when I tried to make it so, before, I somehow hosed the fontserver and had to undo my work, if you all recall. I had followed directions on an aged howto I found.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net