Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP Over Dialup

Jim and Kelly Younkin wrote:

I am new to Linux, but I have a project that I believe would be perfect
for it and my research has pointed me to K12LTSP as the distro that will
work best, however I have a question about running the thin clients over
a dialup connection.

I plan to have about 20 remote offices set up as thin clients, with a
dialup connection to a K12LTSP server.  They need to be able to have
internet access, e-mail and office software.

Is performance going to be unbearable over a 56K dialup?  What server
hardware would you recommend for this project?

Jim

Hi Jim

You actually managed to hijack another thread so I'm going to respond in a new thread ...

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!