[K12OSN] Adding Users

Daniel Button kdanb at kdanb.com
Fri Jun 11 20:17:40 UTC 2004

Howdy,

    Have you considered setting up NIS or LDAP for the two machines?
With NIS, you can set one up as the master and the other as the slave.
You can make changes on the master and the slave would pick up those
changes whenever the maps are pushed out.  You could make additional
maps in addition to those that are default (passwd, shadow, hosts,
etc.)  Haven't played with LDAP, but the idea is the same.  I hope to do
it this summer.  Time permitting....

Dan

Message: 8