Re: [K12OSN] LTSP Client Configuration Program?

We have a server with the Symbiont overlay in it. It definitely makes life easier becuse you don't have to do as much typing in terminal to accomplish things.
Bye
Pat

Dennis Daniels wrote:

It does look pretty good:
http://www.thesymbiont.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=29&MMN_position=64:45:61

looks more robust than: http://www.gnomepro.com/tsclient/

Anyone else using symbiont? Anyone else using something similar?
best,
dennis

Matthew Ross wrote:

I'm curious of anybody has either heard of something like this, or if they're currently working on this kind of a project?

An interface which will allow an administrator to have easier control over the various client options. Text based, Web based or in a graphical X environment, It really doesn't matter, this tool would allow changes made to machines, especially as it comes to the lts.conf file. Sound card configuration, custom Video card settings, all on a per-client (more specifically a per-MAC address) basis.

If a project like this is in the works, could somebody point me toward it? If there is no such project, I just might be ambitious enough (even though my coding skills don't quite meet the challenge) to make a Webmin module.

--Matt