[K12OSN] Can't specify modelines in 4.0.1

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us
Sat Jun 12 17:32:29 UTC 2004

Not knocking the produce itself...but I never made the move to the ltsp 4x
series because I've never gotten it to work with any of my hardware here. I'm
giving Fedora a shot at redemption and playing with 4.0.1.

I have *got* to specify the modelines for these proprietary thinknic monitors
or they won't work. Whenever I add my line it gripes about a parse error way
on down in lts.conf. (my addition may be around line 9 but the parse error is
somewhere further down). No matter what I do nothing works until I remove the
modelin addition. Here is my addition:

X_MODE_0           = "800x600" 60.21 800 840 1040 1120 600 602 614 640

I think Jim tried to help me out with this before and told me my parse
problems were with the changover and quotation mark usage. However, I never
could get this line to work and thus had to move to WBEL and old school ltsp.
I'm hitting this again to see if someone can help me figure this out.

--
Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator