Re: [K12OSN] Tell me why this doesn't work

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
writes:
>Anyway, our file servers run OS X server, offering authentication for the
>Macs and LTSP over LDAP and run as a PDC for our Windows clients. The
>macs
>mount the home directories over AFP, LTSP over NFS, and the Windows
>clients use SMB. The students can go to any machine in the building and
>log in and automatically have access to their files. As soon as I test an
>AppleWorks solution for LTSP this summer, I'll be a happy man.

I actually have a dual processor Xserve with 512 mb RAM and a couple
HD's....more on the way.  any idea how well the Xserve will serve LTSP
homes via NFS?  Do you have a how-to for setting this up?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us