[K12OSN] OK I'm missing something

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Mon Jun 14 19:45:21 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm running K12LTSP 4 and have run into a little configuration issue.

I need to use a dhcp server and and alternate IP scheme.

I was able to to get the dhcpd.conf file set up to work just fine. I
was also able to adjust the config files in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ to use
a 10.0.0.0 ip scheme. However if I run yum to update things my settings
get blown away.

The Q&A page at k12ltsp.org says to update the following files

     /etc/exports
     /etc/hosts.allow
     /etc/rc.d/init.d/nat
     /etc/hosts
     /etc/dhcpd.conf
     /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
     /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/hosts-update.sh
     /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/setup-update.sh

I also updated the "default ip, netmask, and network addresses:"
section of /opt/ltsp/templates/k12ltsp/K12Linux-LTSP-initialize. The
files still get populated with *some* incorrect information. i.e. the
X11 info in /etc/exports gets updated, but /opt/ltsp/i386 share does
not.

Can anyone tell me which files I have to update so the the correct IP
info gets populated every time. I have to make this work on 5 servers,
and would rather that I could run yum knowing that re-initializing the
server would not break the network.

Thanks in advance.

Lewis