[K12OSN] Linux kernel DoS exploit -- don't need root!

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Mon Jun 14 20:35:35 UTC 2004

to patch with apt-get will the following work?

apt-get update kernel

oddly enough yum takes hours to complete a simple update
while apt-get take less than 20 minutes...
is this because of the size of repositories or just some funkyness with
my test-server?

I ask, because it seems any time I've done a complete upgrade that my
config settings get all messed up(overwritten).

--Huck