[K12OSN] Gnome flavor of kprinter?

I love KDE. I also like sound. I can't have both in LTSP. SO, I've been focusing on Gnome or ICEWM -- but printing has me befuddled a bit.

Is there a Gnome version of "kprinter" or some such app? Should I just use kprinter?

Also, should I verse myself on standard linux LPR printer setups for my users? This next year, I'll have users in 4 buildings connecting to the same LTSP server, and will need to give different groups different default printers. I understand all the printers will be installed on the server, but for individual users (or even better, individual thin clients) is it possible to determine a default printer that is not the system default?

I know that mozilla (by default) just uses standard lpr printing -- so a student hitting "print" will send the print job to the default printer on the system, which might be in another building! (At which point, they hit print 73 times, assuming that will help) I'm sure you see the chaos that ensues..

Any tips on printing help?

Thanks,
-Shawn

-- Shawn Powers Technology Director Inland Lakes Schools PHN: 231-238-6868 x9174 FAX: 509-356-7024 spowers inlandlakes org http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org