Re: [K12OSN] VNC Terminal Services Prototype!

WTS and rdesktop (RDP) *are* nice and do work well. However, as McLoughlin points out in http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/remote-desktop.txt, down in section 6.2, MS has 'extended' RDP so much that it's not really open any more. That's MS's standard MO: optimize for their platform, at the expense, they hope, of everyone else; that's how they make money. And there's nothing wrong with that, it just may not be good for comuting overall and I prefer to avoid it. I'll opt for a platform that doesn't even *try* to lock me in if the performance is acceptable. Others' needs may dictate a different route.

Petre

Shawn Powers wrote:
Petre Scheie wrote:
It makes it

more akin to the way the vncserver on a Windows box works.

Or the way rdesktop/Windows Terminal Services works. Which is really nice (I hate to admit)

:)

-Shawn