Re: [K12OSN] Printing problem V4.0.1

Hey Alan, I didn't know the answer before -- but since you didnt' get a response, I'll brainstorm with ya...

Alan A Hodson wrote:
synaptic error

First off, this makes me chuckle. It sounds like the server needs brain surgery.

foomatic to be uninstalled

I think I've seen a problem with hpijs (or some combination of those letters) after an install/upgrade. Generally, I just let it remove that package, and all seems well. Let me open this thread up a bit and ask some questions:

* What printing guis are broken?

* How do you sent printers up? (ie, web based CUPS admin, kprinter, vi and /etc/printcap, gnome printer tool thing, etc)

* What kind of printer are you connecting to?

* If you don't use synaptic, but rather other tools, do you still get the problems? (I've never used synaptic before, so if it's a problem with that particular program, I won't be much help)

Ok, we'll work from there. :)

-Shawn

-- Shawn Powers Technology Director Inland Lakes Schools PHN: 231-238-6868 x9174 FAX: 509-356-7024 spowers inlandlakes org http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org