Re: [K12OSN] KDE and sound...

Huck wrote:
"WHY does sound not work with KDE?"

Maybe I'm wrong -- but I believe there is no way to get artsd (the KDE sound server) to work with thin clients. The gnome/icewm sound manager (esd) works on the thin clients just fine. Even with my ISA sound cards!

I believe this is a limitation of artsd. That's also why I asked the question about nasd -- because I have no idea what that is or does. :)

Even with esd (gnome/icewm) I've not been able to use the mixer, but the sound does work pretty nice, with some slight "echos" at the end of playing something. For example, my "You've got mail" sound actually comes out, "You've got mail 'ot mail." But that doesn't bother me, it's kinda funny. ;)

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director