[K12OSN] scripts/scripting

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Jun 16 23:10:44 UTC 2004

yum update finally finished after about 6 complaints about funky headers
and having to re-run 'yum update' 6 times!!
No more annoying red flashy thing on the taskbar!

But...once again it hosed the gdm-conf and Xaccess and an xdm
file...thus granting me the Grey X-windows screen with the big X cursor
; (

So...I am wanting a script that "rotates" these files for me, one that
copies these config files to a backup dir, then runs 'yum update'
and after the update,  I can copy them back overwriting the freshly
hosed files.

Anyone out there have a script like this by chance? Or something similar
that I can learn from and hack into doing what I want?

--Huck