Re: [K12OSN] scripts/scripting

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 18:10, Huck wrote:

> So...I am wanting a script that "rotates" these files for me, one that
> copies these config files to a backup dir, then runs 'yum update'
> and after the update,  I can copy them back overwriting the freshly
> hosed files.
>
> Anyone out there have a script like this by chance? Or something
> similar that I can learn from and hack into doing what I want?

The 'generic' solution to wanting old files back is to set up
backuppc (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/) to run on another
PC with a big hard drive.   Then you can pick files from any day
in the last week through it's web interface or restore them
back to the original location.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com