[K12OSN] slightly OT Time clock system for schools

Greetings,

I am in charge of finding a time clock / attendance system for the school district. 10 locations. Suggestions ? I would love a linux based system with a Tk/Perl/Open RDM or lesstif technology. Most products I have found are MS based systems. Your thoughts please....

The current favorite is Time Clock Plus which is a networkable MS windows / dBase 4/5 system. The client side looks pretty low end -- Pentium I & windows 95. I am thinking wine and LTSP. $2146 for 250 employees one time cost. I have hardware. I want to distribute a client via LTSP. There is an SLQ based system also that use MSDE SQL also at about $6000.

What time clock system does your school use ? Should I put the crack pipe down ?

Thanks for your time,
Tom Ventresco
Austintown Local Schools