Re: [K12OSN] NIS and /home

Problem solved.

I guess .gtkrc is kinda important. ;) I need a nap.

Lewis

On Jun 17, 2004, at 11:24 AM, Lewis Holcroft wrote:

Hello,

I am having an interesting problem. I have an NIS server running on an old RedHat 6.2 server. I am running ypbind on two LTSP 4.0.1 servers. I am using rsync to create the /home/user files on the LTSP servers. I would use NFS if I had a bandwidth to handle that option, but I do not. Also I don't expect users to be changing a great deal.

I am able to log onto the LTSP server without a problem. Other users can not. I have in the past used X on the 6.2 machine and I did get a message the first time I logged onto the LTSP box that told me my old setting had been updated.

None of the other users have done this. I am quite sure the problem is that the appropriate .gconf directories don't exist.

So the question is. How can I create the necessary directories easily? Also, Am I barking up the wrong tree? If so where should I be looking?

Thanks

Lewis
Lewis Holcroft
System Administrator