[K12OSN] Another Sound Question

Now that network sound is working great for me (good day!) I'm curious if there is anyway to have the gnome "volume control" actually do that on thin clients. If I change permissions on /dev/mixer so that any user can control it -- it allows me to adjust volume, but I think only the volume for the server's soundcard.

XMMS does have volume control, but I'm curious how to get the standard mixer functions... Is it possible? Anyone know?

Thanks YET again,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers